Translate

Saturday, November 15, 2008

where should i start, i guess it is here...

...we all have to start somewhere, so i figured i'd start in the middle. so let's continue. i didn't plan on being here, it just happened...while reading so many of these darn things, i realized i might have something to say one day and i should be prepared!
speaking of prepared, we had a tornado watch today until 7pm, hey it's to be expected right? considering we live...hundreds of miles from tornado alley! luckily we did not have on today, that's nice for a change...
onto art. it has always been there for me, waiting for when i needed it most. sewing, drawing, practicing handwriting, doodling, stamping...i could go on and on...really, you might have to tell me to stop! anyways, the ability comes to me when i need it or when i am open to it. it can't be turned off and on, i literally have to wait for it. now i don't mean i just sit here and wait, no i keep playing and doodling, practicing...they say practice makes perfect. until the spirit moves me to honestly create a piece that says "I am Art". then i know it is here. i don't question it, i let it be...to be or not to be...for me it is not a question, it is a quest that is there for me and everyone.
so, whether your ability lies in decorating your home, putting together a stunning wardrobe, or getting your hands dirty with paints and inks, or sticking yourself with needles and pins....to me they can all be "Works of Art". claim it, it's yours.

No comments: